Near the village of Goranoi lies the Monastery of Our Lady of the Life-Giving Spring, commonly known as Gola.
The cathedral of the monastery is in good condition and it is a single-space nave, domed church with its two Athos-type choirs on the far ends. The church was built and adorned in 1632, shortly before the reconstruction of Zermbitsa.
The goodwill of the locals and the Church of Sparta’s interest in the monastery led to the reconstruction of the monastic cells on the south side of the courtyard and construction works to protect the cathedral’s exterior.
Contact Information: tel. +30 27310 75298
Necessary cookies are absolutely essential for the website to function properly. This category only includes cookies that ensures basic functionalities and security features of the website. These cookies do not store any personal information.
Any cookies that may not be particularly necessary for the website to function and is used specifically to collect user personal data via analytics, ads, other embedded contents are termed as non-necessary cookies. It is mandatory to procure user consent prior to running these cookies on your website.